Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Christmas Westie Dog in Cool Holiday Colors


Christmas colors in cool tones. While I was weeding amongst august moon (lime green) hostas and african hibiscus (red/plum) the other day I marveled at the colors. It was Christmas colors in warm tones and 98 degree weather. I came in and used those colors in this painting but in totally cool tones. You don't see any yellows in westie, just cool shadows. Red colors can either be warm reds or cool reds. We gardeners work with colors all of the time. Sometimes to amazing achievements and other times a few disappointments, but we learn from each combination we try. Too much fertilizer can almost change a flower color from warm to cool or vice versa. Amazing. (Really gardening is the hardest art of all.)

Westie's other eye is hid from view because of the lush hair and head turned just so. Plus all westies love to roll around and fluff up their facial hair to the max!

We love to dress westies in red for the holidays. The great part about red is it's for both boys and girl westies dogs. And it stands for L_O_V_E.

For sale on ebay titled, HAPPY IN RED.

3 comments:

Ella said...

I love this one; How sweet! I also garden. Isn't it amazing the color combos in nature, then we became fearful indoors! This really is adorable, great subject, you have there!
Thanks for visting me~I will be by more often~

Wyatt said...

Our best color combos in the garden, have been happy accidents!

Wyatt

Anonymous said...

I love your Westie art! The Hawaiian Westie is so fantastic.