Monday, March 5, 2012

Modern Westie Art Quilt-Digital

Pin It



I used to quilt. It was a challenge to cut up little pieces of fabric and match the points perfectly. It's a bit crazy taking a perfect length of cloth and cutting it into diamonds, triangles, squares and then sew it back together to one cloth with a different design. Tonight I only have a few minutes to play pretend quilting digitally! The options are endless. Wheeee! I say Wheeee now, but if I had to sew all of these crazy quilt style pieces together I would soon be bleary-eyed.

You can do it yourself as well. Here's the how to. I took a picture of one of my oil paintings from 2010 and went to photoshop. Went to click on "filter" and on the drop down menu, click on "pixelate" and then on over to "crystalize." This makes me want to go to the fabric store and buy 1/4 yard of all of the solid cotton colors! Isn't this fun?




Pin It



I played with the color saturation here. Looks very pop and very modern art. (Also looks like my westie turned into a chow dog.) Sir Salty who posed for the original painting below, spans all types of art. Mostly moving, racing art. He's a great fellow. He is always doing the happy dance which is contagious.










Pin It



I think I am going to get the sewing machine out. After our westie boy goes to bed!




1 comment:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What fun! I need to do some photo tricks like this. I really like that original painting tho. ( Thanks for coming by! I like silver both ways--shiny and tarnished.)