Friday, March 28, 2008

Perfume in a Bag...Bouquet in Unusual Vase



A few weeks back I bought a bag of 50 lily of the valley at Costco. It was too cold then to plant so I put them in a cool spot, hoping to plant them in the next day or two when it warmed up a bit. I forgot about them til today and I couldn't believe it when I opened the bag. Some were blooming. Yes, perfume in a bag. I carried it around like a bridal bouquet from room to room---leaving their sweet perfume everywhere. Did I get them planted today? No. They are sitting here in front of me filling the room with their marvelous scent of spring. I really like their lush tropical looking leaves as much as their flowers. A little addition to the white garden. We say "white garden", but it is the various shades of green that make the white flowers sizzle.

No comments: