Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Westie and I Are Alot Like Squirrels by Candylei


The mad rush is on! I found a great 50% off sale of bulbs and rhizomes and thinking of what a great addition they would be to our new gardens...well, I bought some and some more. Now we like Squirrels have to run about burying them before the ground freezes.


Every hole I dig, Sir Salty, our westie puppy, thinks he can improve on it and make it twice as deep. I fear I am going to accidentally hurt him so I let him dig where I've started and move to a new spot. He races to the new spot under my shovel as if his favorite treat is waiting for him. Back and forth he goes between all the holes! Is there an invisible mole racing underground?


The roses we've planted are Janet, Teasing Georgia, Crown Princess Margareta, Climbing Eden, Climbing Iceburg, Climbing Red Eden, Comte de Chambord and some others that the names are not within my memory's reach plus the ones mentioned in the last post. In between all of these are perennials, irises, daffodils, tulips, alliums and peonies. Basically my bank account is out there...hopefully the dividends will be large (and sweet ).
The English have a way of mixing orange and fuschia. I'm trying that in this particular garden. Just think orange sherbet and raspberry sherbet. Mix in some burgandy smokebush leaves. It should be a feast for the eyes, a bottle of perfume for the nose, and ointment for the empty bank account.

To look up some of the roses you can go to this link: http://www.davidaustinroses.com/

No comments: