Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Snowflake Rose Branch Wreath




These are simple to make and elegant too.




Greenery inside rounds out the seasons. This snowflake I made from fir tree branch tips and then tied a burlap string to it so I could hang it anywhere.



These little twigs look like they came from Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. They are needleless fir tree branch tips. I lined them up like this to see what they looked like. Who would think these branches by themselves would look lacy when grouped together? I then restacked the centers and put a dab of hot glue on it. To match my room I spray painted them white. You could embellish these with buttons or glitter. There were some dried pink roses on my desk so I hot glued those onto one. Had to get a little pink in there.


These plate rack was a wedding gift and recently it got a wash of white. It is an antique with carved leaves. I really like it. Thank you for stopping by.

I am linking up with Romantic Home.

Knick of Time Tuesday.

Show off your Cottage Monday

5 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Beauty created by nature with just a little help from you! How lovely they look on your shelf.

Wyatt said...

Very Pretty! We will give it a try. That's one thing we have, lots of branches!

Wyatt

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

What a great idea - they look so lacy like that!

Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday.

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

koralee said...

What a sweet idea...I love them! So simple but so beautiful.
Wishing you a blessed Christmas! xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I think I am going to make them as present toppers next year! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a very Merry Christmas!