Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Documenting my Garden and Weeds

Maybe you noticed the new banner picture. A little blossom of Russian sage with some dainty flowers that we call weeds here. I have been walking around noticing how beautiful some of these dainties are amongst the perennials. We gardeners think that plants look better in larger numbers with bold washes of color. It's true it does look great, but when you photograph flowers they look better dainty and by themselves. Soft, sweet and dreamy.

I've been a bit sick and the doctor said today I have pneumonia. Accck! No more bold cleaning supplies in our house. I read somewhere that it is so much safer outside than in a normal house because of fumes from carpets, floor varnish, etc. then we clean with such harsh chemicals with dangerous fumes. I want to look up green cleaning supply recipes! Bring on the lemons, limes and lavender with the hot soapy water. I think I could climb into a tub of that right now.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

I hope you feel better soon! I felt a little off as soon as the weather began to change from hot to cool, but it hasn't progressed much more than a mild malaise that could also be attributed for that time of the month. Regarding chemicals in the home...I try to keep the use of them to a minimum, but I was shocked when my mother-in-law used insect spray INSIDE the house with the windows shut tight. Honestly, if that isn't one of the worst things you can do for your health.

Anonymous said...

We hope you feel better soon! Here's to lemons, limes and Murphy's Oil Soap for cleaning.

Aroo, Stuart

Ricki Treleaven said...

I use Murphy's Oil Soap to clean almost everything, too.

I am sorry you are feeling sick. My daughter who is a freshman @ college has been sick with bronchitis for three weeks now! I am sideways about it!!!

(((hugs))),
Ricki Jill

oldgreymare said...

Hope you are feeling better. I have had several bouts of pneumonia and it is not fun.

We have made ourselves sick indoors for sure, and equally polluted our fresh air in many areas.
Now I read we have over sanitized ourselves of all the good bacteria we need. Now wonder it's a mess.
Feel better :D
xx
z