Monday, January 10, 2011

Penguin Sculpture Art Dolls Miniatures



The Conductor Sculpture

Penguins have the uncanny upright posture that makes them excellent conductors! They can handle any weather and still retain their upright posture and composure.

We've all heard, "What's black and white and read all over?" It's the penguin conductor with his music. (The next time someone says the newspaper you must tell them the truth about the conductor penguin.)

I hand sculpted the penguin out of clay and the box is made of paper mache which I primed, painted, antiqued and varnished. It is a "working work of art," not to be confused with the term "they are a piece of work," which is not a good work of work or term of endearment (the english language!) You can store little treasures, jewelry, acorns, or moss in it is the point that I am paddling around trying to catch.

More facts and information here on the sweet conductor who wants to be the director of music at your home. Penguin loves it's job.

3 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Candy, my oldest daughter would love your little penguin. They are her favorite animal, and she loves music!

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Stina said...

Oh, So very, very cute.:-)
Thank you for your nice comment.
Love Stina

Ricki Treleaven said...

I just bought this little dude, Candy! I am giving it to my daughter for her dorm room next year.

I love your art :D

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill