Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mixed Media Valentine Frog Girl Mushroom Art



Caps come in all sizes, shapes and colors, but these two wear the cutest caps of all. Mr. Frog has an acorn cap. You have to love the rich burnished color of acorns and they are so little, yet a mighty tree is tucked away inside. Which is exactly like Mr. Frog, small but has a mighty jump. The girl has a mushroom cap hat to shade her lovely face. She will be wise in her old age, but never weathered because of her hat. You see that is where her and myself will part camps. I will go to the weathered one and she will stay in the cute one because I love to be outside gardening.

These two share a love for caps but today they are going to share their love for chocolates, that is what best friends do, with a valentine box! This original mixed media/altered art painting is for sale on etsy today. More information here.

I've got some exciting/nerve racking news. It's rather like falling in love. You're excited and yet the butterflies are fluttering in your stomach making you feel sick. Flat on your back one minute and jumping for joy the next, saying, "How can I do this?" More soon.


3 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I can't wait to hear your news, Candy! The well-hatted couple is adorable :D

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Ella said...

Very sweet! I can't wait to hear your news...

Rr. Intan Larasati said...

Your paintings are very impressive. Similar to my father's painting style. My dad has a hobby making embroidery painting. He did it with manual embroidery machine (I mean not with computer embroidery machines, such as widely available in Europe) and work with very complicated and very detailed. It took days to finish a painting of embroidery.
Unfortunately, I was not allowed by my father to publish it. Only one or two that I can take pictures and I uploaded.
Thanks Candylei.... I love your paintings and I want to put your button on my blog.
My greetings from Yogyakarta!