Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Frida Kahlo Altered Art Painting


Paper, scissors, glue and paint made Frida Kahlo soft and romantic looking. Pink always makes us smile! It's true. Frida sleeps with her smile pillow and always wakes up with a smile even though sometimes she hurts. We don't always need to be reminded to do things but often when we look at art it makes us smile. Over and over again.

Some ask why I paint Frida. When I was younger we moved from rainy Oregon to sunny California my first year of high school. They were like two different poles. California is so rich in spanish history, spanish food, spanish music, spanish architecture, spanish clothes, all with the beautiful warm sun shining down on it all. How could anyone not be touched? (I might also mention earthquakes here with sunny California.)

PINK SMILES is up for sale. Details here.

3 comments:

Crowing Moon said...

VERY cute. Looking forward to my paintings arriving :)You are very talented

Stina said...

I really like it.:-) Hug Stina

chrissy said...

i love her smile pillow...i wonder if it gives her happy dreams too?
hey...i saw that you follow a blog of someone who stitches my sweet friend mindy lacefields art...? i would LOVE to see how they look if you don.t mind sharing that info with me....
thanks
love your work.
c
www.chrissygardner.blogspot.com