Saturday, September 4, 2010

Westie Dog Beach Walk Painting



Westies love water! Sometimes they don't love what we call baths. They would rather play in the surf and soak in a lake or pond. That, the westies agree, is a real bath. Then they come out and shake a bit to share their bath with us.

I've been playing with light and shadows and really cutting back on the shadow values in my paintings. I do love the feeling of colors. The moods colors can bring out.

This original west highland terrier painting is up for sale on ebay with a buy it now price as well.

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Candylei,

It is so exciting to see you!!! OMG, I was just looking today at your sweetie dog that you allowed me to put on my sidebar and I was thinking of you....I will put you on my blog list; I do not see a place to JOIN as a follower...am I missing it? Anyhow, I love your art, and Westies also love dirt baths!!! I often go to the lakes and walk around the beautiful homes and we often see people with their westies walking along the lake AND, rolling around in the dirt!!!! They have to be some of the cutest dogs. My favorite is the scrappy wire haired fox terrier, and I am currently working on a story that I wrote last year about one. I am also drawing him, and one of the scenes he is driving a flying machine, somewhat similar to your little guy and his airplane! I do more of a pen and ink type art. And yes, I start school tomorrow, but it is a totally new model for us. I will have 50 students and I have never taught IN ENGLISH or ENGLISH language arts. I have taught in NOTHING BUT FRENCH, but teachers are flexible, so here we go!!!

Thank you for your visit. I am putting you on my blog list so I do not miss out on what you are up to with these little critters!

Have a lovely week, Anita

Candylei said...

Thank you for stopping by, Anita.

Bella and Ollie said...

I'm afraid of the water so I stay away from it !
Don't forget to send me a photo with dots.
Love from bella

Becky Shander said...

The blue ball is perfect. And the slight tilt upwards of your doggie's head is pretty darn cute.