Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Vintage Glass Ball Vases

Pin It







Where to put those little sprigs and twigs I keep bringing in the house? The fresh scent of evergreens... I took the tops (the metal hanger part) off of some vintage, silver glass balls. They immediately rolled over. So I added some grain. Just a 1/2 tablespoon to each and they stood upright at attention. Then in went my fragrant clippings. The sweetest Christmas decorations. I feel a bit like a kid again.









There is so much sparkle going here when I put them in a silver dish. The lip of the dish is tarnished but the inside is polished. I kind of prefer this two tone look.









I had thought about setting them in snow or large crystalized sugar, but I'm sticking to silver and the bright light this reflects. Instant mercury glass vases for 5 cents each.



I am connecting up with these friends:


Romantic Home
White Wednesday
Wow us Wednesday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest idea and perfect solution! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wow! Neat! We were wondering (yes, hubby was looking over my shoulder) how you got them to stand upright. Now we know!

stefanie said...

sooooo sweet!