Friday, November 11, 2011

French Garden Leaf Combinations



Floral arranging doesn't always mean using flowers for me. I use what nature provides at this time of year in our yard. I love texture and different leaf sizes and shapes. If you are a gardener you are your own florist and designer. How fun is that? I aim for it to be fun! And pretty.




When I have to throw hay to the sheep I like to pick a few things on my way out to the barn and a few more on the way back. I used the hydrangea leaf as the plate or vase and added the arrangement on top. The gray is hidcote lavender, the orange is dragon head, a chestnut and a pinch of the tip of a fir tree branch. A sweet little garden vignette on a leaf.




Nature offers so many beautiful colors to work with. I am amazed at how beautiful everything is when we stop and really take a look. Just because some plants have died down there are still lots of pretties out there in the garden.






The chestnut is smiling for us here on a chestnut leaf and an added hydrangea flower. Browns and golds and creams. I think it's romantic, but I do like vintage botanicals. Even faded ones.




You know those little brown glass bottles you get your flavorings in, here they are as vases. They even look vintage! They look like ink bottles here with quills in them.




A beech leaf with a ornamental grass head and a liriope leaves tied in a bow around the base. I wanted it to resemble an anthirium! Well, it looks like a rather radical anthirium...like one I've never seen before.

Connecting up with friends at:
Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Inspiration Friday
Fridays Unfolded
Farm Friend Friday
My Romantic Home
The Rose Garden
Designer Garden
Simply Creations Friday

3 comments:

Alison Agnew said...

such sweet little vignettes
crafted from bits of nature
and color

i'm so glad you shared
at fridays unfolded!

alison

Anki said...

Hey...thank you for your visit on my blog! Lovely pics, very autumn and beautiful colours!

Hugs!
Anki

Maggie Lamarre said...

love the nature vignette.
Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting week!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com