Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cinnamon Sticks Table Decorations - Holiday




Vintage silver sparkles for the upcoming holidays. I played around today experimenting with different cinnamon stick arrangements (sweet spicy scent) and other outdoor organic finds I gathered. I am a gatherer! My cream and sugar doing double duty. The tarnished look makes them even more primitive especially against burlap, don't you think?





Cinnamon sticks are versatile! I bought a big box last year of them and their scent is not as potent, it's subtle and yummy now. Some fir tree tips (wonderful scent) were inserted into one cinnamon log/stick and they make quite a cute vase. I like this gingham ribbon better than baker's twine. (Probably because I'm out of it!) The ribbon is soft and silkier and easier on little fingers. I'm thinking of the little sweethearts that will be around our thanksgiving table.




















My idea of country farmhouse decorating is to use what you have to make some eye candy. If it's useful too that is even better. Now if it's eye candy, useful and also smells heavenly...I sit up and take note. My cookie cutters came out of their box.








































The copper colored bird pulls out the warm browns of the cinnamon. It also means our creativity is taking flight ;-)






































A bird filled with holiday greenery. There is a nest in it's heart.





















So much fun. Arranging and rearranging and even more ideas blinked in my head.





















Lavender stars in this napkin topper. Mini tree bouquets. I did add a pinch of lime green cedar. Greenery and plants make us happy especially as it dips into the 20's tonight.






















The cinnamon woods! This year I am hoping the table decorations are just as good as the food. Now to work on the menu again........
















I am connecting up with these friends.

























































































4 comments:

a quiet life said...

love the spring tucked in~

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Simple, organic, and oh so lovely!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

These are all so farmhouse fresh looking. Love the ideas - thank you!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

They are super cute~thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! The party is up early this week on Wednesday evening because of the Holiday- hope to see you there!