Monday, October 3, 2011

Farm Fresh Breakfast




I had the simpliest yet very elegant breakfast this morning. I took this picture after my first bite. Oh, the creamy parmesean and pepper is wonderful. Just delicious and I want to share the recipe with you so you can make your own variation. First fetch a farm fresh egg. When they talk about how far food has to travel before it gets on your plate. This one is only about 75 steps not miles from chicken to table. See how bright and colorful free range chickens eggs are? That is telling you the sun is shining on the farm. (It's the grass in their diet.)

Break egg carefully into ramekin.


I poured cream over the top til almost covering the yolk. Probably a Tablespoon or so. Add shredded parmesean cheese on top of cream. Then grind some fresh pepper on top. That is it....so simple.



This is what it looks like before going into oven. You don't need to put in a hot water bath or on a cookie sheet. No. I just set on top oven rack and watch until you can see the egg is almost set. About 6 minutes at 325 F.

You can add a sprig of thyme or rosemary on top for company.

2 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Yum! I want to try this!

Rowena said...

Oddly enough, I had a somewhat similiar idea for lunch today. You are so lucky to have eggs as fresh at that!