Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bunny Rabbit Doll Folk Art




Bunny has slippers that look like Easter peeps marshmallows. This new little rabbit is about as sweet as you can get without any sugar.

One might be surprised at how long each clay doll takes to make. I make them without molds and I shape them with my hands over a wood and foam base that I have assembled first. This makes for a good, sturdy clay rabbit. It takes a day or more to dry. Then I gesso it, paint it, antique it and varnish it. By that time Bunny and I have shared many conversations about life and know alot about each other! Thus the big ears. They are good listeners and all the while Bunny is as pleased as punch about the pink slippers and is not moved by any of my stories.

Life is good. Especially when cute shoes are involved.

2 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

How cute! A bunny wearing bunny slippers :D

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Anonymous said...

How very adorable, Candylei! The little bunny slippers make it so special!
~ Jo :)