Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Extreme Chippy




I love this bench even though it's a bit rusty. It's still sturdy, and beautiful to me. A great place to read a book in the dappled shade or sneak a tasty baked crumpet. Even a place to rest your body while your mind continues to dream.





This poor chippy white house needs some loving. I had to stop along the road and take a picture of it. I try to imagine a happy family living here at one time with a fire in the fireplace and bread or cookies baking in the oven. I wonder how many years this home has been vacant? It is not close by, in fact, it is in Southern Virginia outside of a town called Tappahannock. Wouldn't it be great if it came back to life again. For now it's only company is a beehive and a round haybale. If this house could talk I would be listening.


Do stop by Faded Charm for lovely white wednesday photographs. Probably none so sad as this deserted home.

9 comments:

June said...

I love, love, love your chippy bench!
I also love that house...even when I see a house in ruins like this, I still see the beauty there. It's as if the past is calling to us. Sometimes I think that these are their own little landmarks, just like a monument, kind of a monument to days gone by.
Beautiful post!
hugs

Ricki Treleaven said...

Candy, I love everything chippy and white. What a pretty bench! I could spend some time reading and drinking tea right there! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Wyatt said...

I love dreaming about houses like that too. Just like in, "It's a Wonderful Life". :)

Wyatt's Mom

Ella said...

I love this post, the idea of a family updating this place, so dreamy! I love looking at homes and seeing the potential and dreams of what if~

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Candy,
Well, you are talking my language.....I LOVE anything distressed.The bench is gorgeous and I would love to live in that house abd bring it back to life.
Thank you so much for coming over to see me and thanks for the lovely comment. XXXX

Rebecca said...

Old vacant houses make me sooo sad-I just want someone to fix them up again!!!

vosgesparis said...

I think chippy rustic things like the bench.. I have some rusty garden tables in my house that look beautiful with the white floors and the concrete I use here and there..

Thank you for your compliment on my banner.. it are all pictures from my own bedroom and studio ;)

Thanks for visiting and hope to see you back soon
desiree

jill said...

love the pictures, but specifically wanted to comment on the doggie banner w/ your title! i'm not a "dog person", but that is just too cute!

ps - jump in and join the envelope swap. it'll be a great stress reliever for a holiday weekend! let me know if you're in -- jacks_friend_jill@yahoo.com !

Heaven's Walk said...

Awwww....that house needs some lovin', that's for sure. :) It's got soooo much potential! Hubby and I found one just like that along the Lake Michigan shoreline and we immediately fell in love with it. Too bad that even in it's dilapidated condition, it was way out of our price range! lol!

Love your rusty, chippy bench, girl! Perfect imperfection! :)

Happy WW!

xoxo laurie