Thursday, October 7, 2010

White Cottage Garden Bulbs


Sir Salty doing the army crawl down the hill to rub his tummy. How this doggy boy loves the great outdoors and smell of grass. These white flowers in the foreground are Helen Campbell cleome. They reseed wonderfully and have been blooming all summer and will keep blooming til a hard frost. I love annuals like that. Every few days I collect fresh seeds that I want to scatter in different places. For now I have a nice little piggy bank full of cleome seeds! I'm a seed horder.



These are some of the bulbs that I have to tuck into various corners of the gardens from Lowes. They are big healthy bulbs. I'm hoping our westie can keep the squirrels away from them. I might have to put out corn to distract them.


These 22-inch tall white tulips are gorgeous with the lime green colors of spring. Put them in among your hostas and ferns and it's a fairyland scene come true. When I first started planting bulbs I thought they needed full sun, but they don't. Only two hours of sunlight a day!



These thalia white daffodils are 10-inch and semi dwarf, but they are multi flowering. Each stem is a bouquet.
I really need to get these planted while it's still warm and sunny.

2 comments:

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you so much for your dear visit...I too have to wash the burlap a million times to get rid of all the lints in it.

I am so going to enjoy your art and inspiration over here :)
xoxo
Dore

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh this is so darling...Anita